Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things 17

I have watched podcasts before but I have never made one of my own. I checked out he podcast Webster's Word of the Day. I thought that was pretty cool because it takes no effort but you can enjoy it. I also went to Just One More Book which I already found things that I could use in class. For example, there is information on Gary Soto and any teacher who uses his works could benefit. Geek! Ed! was interesting as well. you can learn a lot from this site. 

I have already used podcasts. On Itunes I sometimes get the free podcasts they have available. For example, a few weeks ago they had one about the making of "The Breakfast Club" and it was fun to watch about one my favorite teen movies.

Also, you can download Sesame Street podcasts. They have a "Word on The Street" that is great for the little students. I show the video to my first/second graders and after we discuss the word they draw a picture for me. I have been surprised at how well my kids remember the word and its meaning. 

Maybe one of these days I will make a podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment