Monday, April 13, 2009

Thing 22

I have a MySpace and a Facebook account. They are both fun time-killers.  I believe that Facebook is easier to use and  as far as finding people it is great. I have found people I went to school with and relatives. As far as keeping in touch I believe it is a great way to communicate with people. There are people that I would never just call out of the blue on the phone but I can see what they are up to and banter back and forth. 

I like MySpace. It seems like it has more options to make it individualized. However, I have to be honest I have not spent that much time adding things to my account. I answered the basic questions and have changed a few things but I don't care to do much more than that.

As far as using Facebook professionally, I believe there are some limits. Since I teach at the elementary level I would need to limit my interactions to ones with parents. Also,  the account I believe would need to limited to professional use only. I would not feel comfortable having any personal information listed. I could also see using MySpace to list information about the subject you are teaching. A teacher could list links and make blogs about assingments or other homework resources. With Faceobok you could also list assignments for the week.

Even though there are several horror stories about MySpace and Facebook I believe that they can be great tools. Just as with any form of media parents have to monitor what their kids are doing.However, if used responsibility it can be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment