Thursday, April 16, 2009

I am finished!!!



This class was a lot of work but I learned so much. Honestly, at times I was so frustrated and then I would figure it out and I thought this class is so cool. One of the things that I liked about 23 Things is that not only can you apply what you learn to the classroom but you can also do a lot for your personal life. I can't wait to use Voicethread with my kids. The grandparents will love it! 

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? 

My favorite discovery was all the online image generators. While some of the other "things" were fun I was surprised by all the options you had to modify photographs. You can probably tell by my blogs on the subject that I enjoyed changing my photographs. I think that kids would really have fun as well. 

How has this program affected your lifelong learning goals?

This has really opened my eyes to all kinds of applications that are on the Internet. And even better they are free. I plan on spending more time on the 23 things and explore more. I feel much more comfortable with technology thanks to this class.  

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I had no idea all the options that Google had. One reason might be because MISD had it blocked for a while but I was happily surprised to see all the options they have.  

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

I don’t want to ask other groups to do more works but maybe have more interactions between the students might be good. 

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

I would, especially if it was offered online. 

How will what you have learned influence your practice as a teacher or school librarian?

My ESL students will benefit from this class because I will use technology more. For example, I am going to have student use Wordle to list what they already know about a topic so I can test previous knowledge. In teaching vocabulary I am going to have students sometimes use the computer to show what they have learned.  Also finding all the resources available for teachers to learn more about teaching will help my students as I gain ideas!!!

How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? 

I am hoping that if I keep checking what you are doing in this class then I can keep up. Also, some of the readers I subscribe to will help me. 

 Honestly, I am not going to be able to start today and spend as much time as I would like using all the things I learned. Dang that TAKS test!!! However, I do plan on learning more. I feel that with this class I have just scratched the surface and I am ready to do so much more! Thanks for opening up my mind to such new ideas!!!!!     

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You reached the finish line! You did a great job and I enjoyed reading along with your new learning!

    ReplyDelete