Monday, April 13, 2009

Thing 23


I enjoyed Ning and Classroom 2.0. There is a ton of information out there. It was a bit overwhelming. You can easily spend hours going from site to site. One of the coolest ideas I saw involved letting students use their phones to text each other while reading Romeo and Juliet. The idea is to let them recreate the dialogues Romeo and Juliet had but use their cell phones Talk about a way to combine Shakespeare with modern technology. I don't even teach Romeo & Juliet but it made me want to!!!

I found Surfnet which has a lot of fun stuff. Parents, kids, and teachers could all benefit from spending some time here. It is easy to find a topic and get several resources. for example, I found this link to this Antarctica website. Easy!!!  One thing that I liked was the fact that there were teachers from all over the world. I am hoping that I might be able to find a school in Mexico that maybe I can communicate with.  My kids would love that!

I can see how older students could gain a lot from social networks. Younger students would need a ton of direction and guidance or else they would get lost. I can see how you could find several resources to help complete assignments. I guess at the minimum it can link students to additional sites. 

By the way the 23 Things ning network is great. Love the countdown!! Hopefully, we can continue to share ideas. 

Right now, I am going back to learn some more. I think this time I'll go to back to Teacher Librarian and waste some more time!


No comments:

Post a Comment