Monday, April 6, 2009

Thing 18

I love you tube! You can find videos about anything. You were wise to warn students to set up a timer because you can spend hours looking up random junk. You pull up one video and then there are all these related videos and before you know it an hour is gone!!!

I was overwhelmed when I typed in English as a second language but I did find Genki English. There are several videos that has some really good ideas that could help all students. In looking at the related video I also see that there are multiplication songs by the same teacher. I then decided to look up something I might cover in class so I typed in Washington D.C. since we teach some of the landmarks in Washington D.C. to our third graders. I was able to find a couple of good videos that gave information without being too dull but also not too flashy.

On my how to video I decided to see if I could find a kid friendly how to tie your shoes since my daughter is in need of a lesson on this skill. I was able to find some that had simple directions and even some that mentioned bunny ears. However my favorite was Sponge Bob and the Loop de loop song. 

Teachertube was fun. I found some educational stuff but I also found some fun stuff as well. There was  a video that was a spoof of Baywatch that was silly but funny. Also I found a Hannah Montana bones song that I thought some kids would like to watch. In case you didn't search there are some videos from MISD. Who knows, you may be on teachertube and not even know it!

For my random video I picked a youtube that I came across a few weeks ago. It may cause a tear or two to be shed.....



And then I found a video that one of my schools made about a year ago.....

No comments:

Post a Comment