Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thing 19

Voicethread is awesome! I honestly wish I had time today to create a something but maybe when I have finished my taxes and Easter weekend is behind me.

I watched the one in which the young girl got a haircut and I just love it. I have a 6 year old and a 3year old and I can see taking pictures and letting the kids make comments. Their grandparents live anywhere from 30-90 minutes away so using Voicethread could allow parent to see somethings they might miss. Also, it made me think that you could take older pictures and have parents or grandparents make comments. What a great way to preserve memories.

Professionally, I thought you could have students give comments on historical documents or pictures. Since I teach ESL I thought this would be a great tool in having them practice their conversational skills. You could show them a picture and have them describe what is happenings, like the Norman Rockwell painting did. Or they could be given a picture or just a word that would help them with their  academic vocabulary and have them tell you what they know about. Maybe this could be a sort of digital KWL chart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment