Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thing 6

Okay I love the reader.  I love getting all this information and sorting and "tossing" what I don't need. I feel like I am playing trivial pursuit with all the useless stuff. For example, do I really need to know what people believe is fixing to happen on General Hospital? Heck no, but it sure is fun to check out in 30 seconds. 

The Craft reader at Family fun is just that, fun. It has all these great things that other moms do that I know I will never complete. For example, they had a shoe organizer that was a great idea but it would take me 30 minutes to do ( like I have 30 minutes) maybe in the summer time?!?!?


On an educational note I have enjoyed History is Elementary. A few days ago she had a blog about teaching the Civil War and how some parents may react to it. It was interesting. There was also information about thunderstorms in battles and even though I love history the complexities of battles don't appeal to me much but this was good stuff!

Also, I have quickly skimmed over 2 cents worth and he has a pretty interesting take on technology and education and since this course are both of those things you might want to check him out.

This is a lot of information that I am taking in and while it is fun there is no way I could really keep up with all of it everyday. However, it is kind of like getting a newspaper, skimming the fun stuff and then recycling the paper when you are done!

Let me leave you with a quotation from my quotation blog:

"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."
Paul Beatty

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the referral to the quotation blog. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Family Fun blog. I love having all those great ideas in one place - crafts, games, recipes, how-to-videos, etc. Thanks for the tip! I'm not really into General Hospital but it got me to thinking that there's probably a blog for just about anything on TV or the movies. I'll have to search for my favorites.

    ReplyDelete