Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thing 2

I really enjoyed the article and it made me wish I did more with my kids and technology. I know some teachers who blog with their students and parents and I think it is a great tool. I also have a friend whose daughter is in a class in which the teacher has a blog and sometimes she checks it out just to hear the students "vent", which sometime is pretty entertaining.

I really like the idea of using podcast more. For some reason I had not thought of using podcast for extra-curricular activities, such as band , but that is great. Imagine being a parent or grandparent who may not be able to be at an even for whatever reason but due to podcasting will be able to watch their child. I know that I have used podcast I found before to help kids learn vocabulary words. 

Students are going to be on the computer anyway. We might as well "invade their space" if it means greater communication between student and teacher. If technology improves student/parent/teacher communication then it should be utilized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment