Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thing 5

Okay, this is really cool!  I signed up for the three required sites which I thought were good choices. I like scanning the Students 2.0 because I think that these teenagers have some wonderful insight. 

The RSS  I liked best was NPR Geo Quiz. You can find it under fun and games. For example I probably found out more than I wanted to know about blue cheese and France but now when I am on "Millionaire" I'll know that answer!  There is just a lot of fun geography tidbits you can hear. I also liked the NPR poetry blog. It is cool to hear these readers with GREAT voices read poetry. 

When I was looking at the NY Times I thought that this would be great for someone who has moved but still wants to know what it happening in that area of the world.  For example, if you move from NY to Dallas you can subscribe to the city links and get information about only NY happenings/news and then just scan what is of interest to you, like I do with the DMN Metro section!!!

Finally, this fall I went to Jeff Anderson's staff development over teaching grammar. He has a Great Sentence blog that has teachers add great sentences that you can use to teach great writing. Check it out!

This "thing" was a good "thing"! 

1 comment:

  1. NPR is a great source, isn't it. They also have some wonderful podcasts. Try This American Life!

    ReplyDelete