Friday, March 27, 2009

Thing 14

I really liked wordle. I have always used wordsplashes in my class. This is where you have a student read a passage and then have them right words all over a paper that have to do with the topic. I could definitely use this in a classroom by having them do what they have always done, just this time on the computer. 

I also liked the tadalist. I made a list of places I would like to go visit for fun. This has a ton of possibilities. You could have students make list of writing topics, steps in a procedure, make a list of words they don't know in a reading passage, and so on. 

What I like most about these sites is that they are free!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wordle is great used like you describe to show students the words they overuse also. It makes those words very large!

    ReplyDelete