Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thing 13


This was a lot of fun!! I went to most, if not all, of these sites and it was interesting to learn all of the tools that are available out there! 

My favorite was probably Trading card maker . I made one for both my kids. With trading cards I was thinking that in the classroom I could make cards for parts of speech. I could also make trading cards for characters in the story or historical figures and have the kids complete details. 

I also loved the Spell with Flickr. I have seen where people have created those with photographs so it was really cool to quickly put in a whole bunch of words, which I did! I don't really know the academic implications but it was cool!!

Another site that I thought was neat was Flickr Color Pickr. The only way I can think of using this academically is when I help my ESL kids with color words maybe they can pick something out to review colors. 

Custom sign generator had a ton of options. I did have problems getting some of my pictures to work.  I would need to reduce the size of my pictures. 

Finally, I had a lot of fun with Imagechef.com. You could do a lot of encouraging things for students. This could be a great way to create fun notes for kids!

Honestly, I have spent way too much time on this thing!!!

1 comment:

  1. You did try out a lot of sites! Great ideas for the classroom too.

    ReplyDelete